PWN-Sofia is committed to protecting your privacy online. Our policy explains how we will do this.
Why do we collect personal data?
(i) To manage the maintenance of the relationship (membership, attendance at events, volunteer, speaker, supplier, etc) established with PWN-Sofia,
(ii) To perform the management, administration, provision, expansion and improvement of the content, information and services offered by PWN-Sofia and PWN Global, including articles, webinars, member directories, etc and
(iii) To deliver the relevant content via email / social media / website / events as appropriate.
What information do we collect on members?
- Name, contact details, employment history, social media links, events attended, payments made, and other personal information.
- Members can access and amend their own information online.
- From time to time we will ask you for further information, for example if you make a purchase or enter a competition.
What information do we collect on non-members?
- We collect email addresses.
- Registration: on some parts of the site we ask you to register, and if you do, we ask for your name, email address, organisation, job title, and telephone number. We may also keep details of events attended and payments made. You can access and amend your own contact details online.
What information do we collect at events?
- We may take photographs at our events to be used inter alia on social media or in brochures or the annual report.
- By attending, you authorize PWN-Sofia to use your image freely and worldwide in relation to the events in which PWN-Sofia participates. You can, however, revoke this consent at any time, although we would ask that you please do so before the events take place.
- We may also record events with a speaker, including questions from the audience. Again, please let us know in advance if you wish to withhold your consent to inclusion in any recording.
How do we use member information?
We use the member information to help us understand more about what our members want and to deliver better services. We also use the information to understand how our web site is used, to improve our site, and to send you information about us and our events or activities which we think may be of interest to you, both electronically or otherwise.
How do we use non-member information?
We use the information to help us understand more about how our web site is used, to improve our site, and to send you information about us and our events or activities which we think may be of interest to you, both electronically or otherwise.
In the case of our online publications available through subscription, your personal information may be used to enable us to verify you are a subscriber and to deliver the online publication to you. After subscription, you will receive electronic mail from us about our events, activities and publications, unless you have informed us that you no longer wish to receive further information.
When do we share information?
We do not sell or give away your personal information to others, with the exception of our network PWN Global with whom we do share member information in order to deliver membership services. Otherwise we do not share your information with our associated partners or sponsors.
A number of other people's web sites have links on our site. If you link to their sites, they may collect information. Such sites are not within our control and are not covered by this privacy statement.
If we believe that your use of the site is unlawful or damaging to others, we reserve the right to disclose the information we have obtained through the site about you to the extent that it is reasonably necessary in our opinion to prevent, remedy or take action in relation to such conduct.
Third party involvement
We share membership data with PWN Global and its IT supplier Karakas, in order to provide access to services such as free webinars, international member director, etc. See PWN Global website for more details.
You can exercise your rights of access, correction and cancellation of your personal data under the terms provided by law. These rights may be exercised by logging in to the website to amend your online profile, or in writing by email to the contact details below.